Monday 10 September 2012

My favorite things

"When the dog bites, when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
and then I don't feel so bad."


 And what better time than the promise of new beginnings and the colours of spring to remind me of my favorite things!

The promise of spring, yet another promise from God that there will always be the a new beginning, filled with the promise of colour, joy and fruitfulness after a dead, grey cold winter!

Spring is most certainly one of my favorite things.  I love the colours of spring - it inspires me to be creative, to look for new challenges.  I love the weather that is clean, fresh and bright.  I love dining el fresco with the aroma of freshly cut grass in the air and the sounds of crickets as they sing their songs of joy after a sunny day.

I love pink, pink champagne, pink and mauve sunsets, pink cup cakes, pink spring blossoms.  I love bright blue skies, and lime green leaves, and white fluffy clouds, and I love how it all inspires me to be creative, inspired by the colours of nature to capture precious moments caught on camera and I love the fact that I am able to reach for my tools and start to create something that will tell the story of me when I am no longer here. 

Hopefully this week ahead will be filled with favorite things, re-births and new beginnings and lots and lots of pink moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment